Sunday, February 22, 2009

Don't Let Haters Hush You


I woke up bright and early for sunday service today at Sixth Mount Zion Baptist Temple Church. . .I've been a church-going girl all my life but it becomes hard for me to make it a priority during the school year. . .I really am working on keeping my relationship strong with God because everytime I go to church he speaks to me. . .speaking of which the pastor preached a sermon just to me it seemed like. . .

This past week I have been evaluating myself in many ways pretty unsure of if my actions are what caused some of the things that has happened to me last weekend and last week. Today I stopped myself because I realized that I have a lot of haters that stepped into my life or really just showed me that they were hatin on me this past week. I also realized that they have been trying to bring me down and in the midst of my happiness and jeapordizing my well being.

We need to remember that haters will remind you how good God has been to you and no matter how successful you are, how powerful your mind is, they will try to minimize you so they can Maximize themselves. It's funny how I could name out certain people that have recently stepped into my path that are trying to build themselves up by breaking me down. It goes as little remarks about how I wear my hair natural, how not average I am to the next chick, the choices I make to make me happy, it's alot of things that haters loves to chastize me with. Pastor said haters always wanna validate who you are and what you need to be, look like, and how you should live your life, and you know why? CAUSE THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

I am proud to say that I know who I am and who I have become. I am also trying to improve in many aspects of my life but I have security and a strong relationship with Christ so there are many reasons to praise him each day. . .and if for some reason a hater doesnt want to see me happy and want to smack my smile off my face just because I'm having a good day. . .well poof be gone.

and so I leave you with a some words of wisdom from the queen:



"God puts Haters in your life as a reminder to why you are so blessed to be who you are"

No comments:

Post a Comment