Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Why am I single?


Just like Tyler Perry's "Why Did I get Married?" I question myself about why I am still single til this day. I know I am not alone because this topic reaccures in pretty much all my girlfriends lives. I am independent, I got my own car, pay my own bills..blah blah blah but I aint got no man. LoL It's funny now but when you find yourself humming to "put a ring on it" your flapping your hand back and forth with an attitude but there is still no ring on your finger.


I figured out that I am the only reason why I am single. I have dated and talked to plenty of guys in my time frame and not one guy has touched me in a way to where I feel they are on the same level as me. I feel as if my mind and intellect is not what a guy is looking for right now. Just because I do not want to sit on the phone and talk about nonsense and because I'd rather text the small talk...some boys dont understand.


Especially when it comes to sex, when I meet you that is not the first thing on my mind when I see u, its the second LoL. I am tired of meeting guys and by the 3rd phone call they are on some "So what the freakest thing you've done?" What happened to stimulating my brain cells and asking questions about how I view life or more importantly what I wanna do after I GRADUATE. It's no time for games, if a guy is only looking for sex outta me, dont wait til I fall for you to try and drop my drawls...tell me what u want so I can kindly shut u DOWN.


Recently I have finally noticed that I am not the average woman at my school that a guy is looking for. For one, I have natural kinky hair, and that becomes very intimidating and is not accepted amongst most black men. It's all about the long hair dont care, I am not petite nor slender...I am not fat but I am pretty thick border line chunky curvacious woman. I pretty much do not fit the social norm which is PERFECT for my life but its probably the reason why I am single right now.


hmmm....I guess I will be single until I leave this bubble called Hampton University and step out into the real world where I will find my match that will intellectually stimulate my mind and my body, praise every curve of my skin, and will love me for being a strong black, and successful woman.

1 comment:

  1. omg why do i love you sooo much!!!!!!!!

    i so feel this whole blog, so maybe im one of the girlfriends that your speaking of.

    i wonder why im single--im a pretty thick brown skinned chick, with goals, morals and working towards graduating. it seems like all the guys i talk to think my education should be subordinate to a relationship with them, or my indepdence should not be explored, but thats not how i am, i value my indepdence so i guess thats like saying i value being single.

    your not borderline chunky tho mofo!!!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete