Saturday, March 21, 2009

11 months Strong!!

Sophomore year was the worst hair year in my life. . .it was falling out and I hid my hair under countless weaves, darn my life. It was time for a change and I had to go home to figure that out.



For my 20th Birthday i cut all my hair of right before my surgery. and It has been a big transition in my life. I have grown to love my hair at its natural state but honey lemme tell you, I cried my EYES out the day my hair dressed snipped that shit off. I called my mom and went straight to eastmont mall and picked me up the most ghetto ass wig that I could find. I was so embarassed that my hair was only one inch long. . .that kinna length is suicide to black girls these days...and if you cant grip it, you can just forget about it........


NOT. Cutting my hair off and not by choice the most liberating thing I could possibly do for my life. It forced me to let go of all my struggles and i became fearless. With no hair I had to find self-confidence from within. A weave and makeup was not going to define me and I had all summer to practice on loving my natural look.

Here are some pictures of my transition:



































3 comments: